Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day, and one of the easiest ways to achieve that is by incorporating yoga into your lifestyle. Not only will it make you look longer and leaner, it will also give you a sense of peace and calm that you need at this busy time. There are many yoga centers across the country that offer classes ranging from beginner to advanced. There are also a wide selection of DVDs you can purchase if you prefer practicing in your own home.
Adding yoga to your daily routine has many benefits, not just for pre-wedding weight loss, but for consistent health and well being. You will find that the results are seen quickly once you begin practicing.
Image courtesy of phasinphoto/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Essentials for yoga:
- Yoga mat
- Clothing that is comfortable, and allows full range of motion. Breathable fabric is important so the body doesn’t overheat.
- Yoga Belts are handy for beginners that haven’t developed flexibility.
- Yoga Blocks help beginners get into pose if they cannot reach the ground.
Try This Pose!
All poses will tone your body, but this one is especially good and can be practiced by beginners.
- Downward Facing Dog
This pose will tone the arms and back muscles and will improve posture, eliminating slouch.
– Stand with feet spread as wide as your hips.
– While keeping your back straight, bend forward and place your palms on the floor. Spread your fingers.
– Step back slowly with each foot until your hands are under your shoulders.
– Lift your hips until your body looks like an upside down “V”
– Press your heels to the floor and your chest to your knees.