Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The ultimate text on the principles and practice of regional anesthesia and pain management – thoroughly updated
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Since its first edition, Hadzic’s Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management has been the standard reference for students and practitioners of anesthesiology. Presented in full color, this classic covers the theory and practice of regional anesthesia in its entirety, providing readers with both the physiologic principles and specific, state-of-the-art patient-management protocols and techniques.
This second edition has been completely updated to reflect the profound advances in the field. These developments include the use of ultrasonography for imaging of peripheral nerves and the central nervous system, advances in the up-to-date understanding of the role of regional anesthesia in preventing postoperative pain, and the use of point-of-care ultrasound for a vast number of other perioperative applications. The second edition features some of the most detailed and didactic anatomical artwork to date. Being a world-wide reference text, this edition also includes anatomical landmark-based and nerve stimulator guided peripheral nerve blocks.
● More than 200 expert contributors and collaborators
● Evidence-based information that spans the entire field of RAPM
● Full-color clinical images and functional anatomy illustrations – nearly all new to this edition
● Easy-to-follow clinical decision-making diagrams, flow charts, practical tables, and clinical pearls
● Up-to-date information on the etiology, prevention, and management of a wide range of complications
● Detailed chapters on pediatric regional anesthesia
● In-depth discussion of region-specific ultrasound te