Trim Your Waist After Childbirth
Every new mom wants to have her pre-pregnancy figure again. Being pregnant will do a number on your waist size. With these simple tricks, you will be able to show off a tiny midsection in no time!
Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- The vitamins contained in fruits and vegetables are good for you and will help keep you healthy during these busy stressful times of caring for a demanding newborn.
Replace animal protein with beans.
- Medical studies have proven that those who consumed a vegetarian diet compared to a diet that contained meat lost more abdominal fat.
Eat more dairy.
- Studies show that drinking low fat milk and eating other low fat dairy products such as yogurt will boost new muscle proteins and will help the body become trimmer and more lean.
Avoid Carbonated Drinks.
- Most carbonated drinks, with the exception of carbonated water have a high sugar content, which will turn into fat when stored. The carbonation also makes the abdomen feel bloated and it will protrude. Stick with water, and lots of it.
- A good cardio workout for twenty minutes three times a day, along with some stretching and floor exercises will tone your muscles and get your metabolism revved up.
- On the days where you are not doing vigorous cardio, be sure to take extra measures to squeeze in activity for the day. Even if you just walk around the block with the stroller and your baby, you will burn calories.
Buy a Hula Hoop!
- One of the easiest and fun ways to slim your waistline is by hula hooping. You can purchase one for under five dollars.
- Use your hula hoop while watching television or while getting fresh air with your new baby in the back yard. You will be surprised at the difference it will make and you will have fun too!
*About the Author :
Lora C Mercado is a freelance writer and author of numerous cookbooks and books on other topics.